Motichoor Custard Parfait with fresh homemade eggless custard recipe using cornflour
Need a last minute treat to whip up this Deepavali? Then this recipe is for you. Some homemade custard and a few motichoor laddoos (homemade or storebought) is all you need to make this delectable parfait. Served in pretty shot glasses, this fusion dessert has a layer of crushed motichoor laddoos at the bottom, followed by a layer of creamy custard, topped with some motichoor crumbs and sliced nuts.It doesn’t get easier than this.
I am also sharing the recipe for eggless custard using cornflour in case you dont have custard powder handy in your pantry.Serve the good old motichoor laddoos in a modern avatar and impress your friends and family ! Wish you all a Happy Deepavali!
You may also love to try
Motichoor Custard Parfait
a layered fusion dessert with motichoor laddoos
- for fresh eggless custard
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 3 tablespoons sugar (add more or less depending on your taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- few saffron strands (or 2 pinches of yellow food color)
- To assemble
- 5 motichoor laddoos
- sliced nuts of your choice for garnish
- Step 1 To make fresh eggless custard – Add the cornflour, sugar, saffron strands and 1/4 cup milk into a saucepan and whisk until the cornflour is well blended with milk ( like a lump free mixture )
- Step 2 Now add the remaining 3/4 cup milk, vanilla essence and mix well
- Step 3 Now cook the mixture on medium-high heat stirring constantly. Constant stirring helps prevent scorching at the bottom
- Step 4 The mixture will slowly thicken. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 3 mintues.
- Step 5 Switch off the flame , pour the custard into a bowl and let it cool completely.
- Step 6 If you have custard powder handy then follow the instructions at the back of your custard powder packet to make custard.
- Step 7 To assemble – Fill around 1/3rd of the shot glasses with crumbled motichoor laddoos.
- Step 8 Spoon the cooled custard on top.
- Step 9 Top with a thin layer of laddoo crumbs and garnish with some sliced nuts and rose petals.
- Step 10 Refrigerate till you are ready to serve.Enjoy!
Thank you for stopping by 🙂 Please leave your valuable feedback and queries in the comments below. Send your pics to me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you recreate a recipe. I would love to share your creations on the FB page and insta stories.
Till the next recipe Keep Smiling and Spread Happiness 🙂
Did you make a recipe?
Tag@thekaravaliwokon Instagram and hashtag it #thekaravaliwok.